Thursday, February 24, 2011

China Glaze "Lifesaver" (A.K.A. a flower from home on my nails)

Just to be clear, I hate orange nail polish. I actually hate the color orange. But I don’t feel like it’s fair to call lifesaver an orange nail polish, because it’s the EXACT SAME COLOR as a California poppy, a blast from my home state. I didn’t want to take it off for that reason. It’s muted but still beautiful. It’s a calm but bold color. Like a poppy.
In case you hadn’t picked up on it, poppies are my second favorite flower (next to sunflowers) and hopefully I’ll be posting a picture of my huge tattoo of a California poppy on my back.
The formula on this was delightful. After one coat it was opaque, but I’ve never really been a one coater. I enjoy two whole beautiful coats. And this one gives me two whole coats of beauty on this one. It’s a little thin, and I hate the China Glaze brush, but it’s worth it.


It’s not a very springy color shiny, but combined with a mattifying top coat it looks cheery and springy. And I feel like an idiot because I have lost my pictures of it, but I put “Lightning Bolt” on top of it, and it looked like a dreamsicle. I’ll have to do it again to post a picture.

And just an update about the crackles, they look SO AWESOME matte. Right now, as I’m typing my nails look like dinosaur eggs, because I have sea spray on under cracked concrete. And it’s matte. And beauteous. And I want to wear crackle all the time.
On a side note, I’m sorry that I haven’t been up on posts, my life is cacophonous.
I will figure it out.
Love,
Frida

No comments:

Post a Comment