Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Zoya "Charla"

Oh, Zoya how I love thee! What follows here is my favorite Zoya polish, Charla.  I know, I know, it’s not unique, it is a dupe of Orly’s Haley’s Comet. But I’ve seen both of them, and maybe it’s just me, but I feel like Charla has a little bit more spirit and love to it than Haley’s Comet. I’m  a strong believer in the SOUL of a nail polish,  as odd as that sounds.  Charla has the soul of a mermaid disco dancer living un-anachronistically in 2010. It’s both classic and obscenely modern (in a good way). The multidimensionality of this polish doesn’t really transfer in pictures, and there is no possible way that I could get all of the different ways that this looks, because just about every time that I look down (especially now as I’m typing on an airplane. For some reason airplane light brings out an almost champagne like quality in Charla) Charla is something different. I love it. SO, enough crazy talk about the soul of this amazing polish. Let’s get to the nitty-gritty.

IT’S SO BEAUTIFUL!





It’s main colors are blue and teal. There are little electric blue sparkles. There is a dark blue base. Teal and silver foil bits are almost but not totally solid. These bits become greenish in some lights. Not green-green, but light, silver greeny teal. I’m staring at it on my fingers right now, and it’s just so beautiful.

Wow, I’m really gushing. Here’s a close-up.

Lastly, it’s beautiful matte too.



Like beautiful frosted glass. Multidimensional frosted glass.

Gaaaah, can you tell I’m in love?

Love,

Frida

 

No comments:

Post a Comment